Shop Cheap Advice
- What They Don’t Tell You About Pay “Gotchas” – Issues in Pay – $30 Digital Delivery – When you hire an employee, it’s assumed you know the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938. Tom Crouser reveals the most common “gotchas” he has seen over the last 30 years as well answers the most common questions owners have about payroll in our kinds of shops. Click on title to learn more/order.
- Transitioning the Family Business – A Guide for Parents – $50 Digital Delivery – If your goal is to transition ownership of your business to a son, daughter or even a trusted employee while retiring with an income; then you should read this report now, while you have time to do something about it. That is, if you want to transition while keeping the business, the family and our own self-worth intact. Tom Crouser has been helping business families transition for nearly thirty years now, and in this one report he gives details of the process. Click on title to learn more/order.
- Confidentiality Agreement Business Sale – $30 Digital Delivery – Sample Confidentiality Agreement is for the business seller to have signed by a prospect before disclosing information to the buyer. This is a SAMPLE to help you understand what should be included. Have your attorney review your specifics and customize to the laws in your state. Click title to learn more/order.
- Trade Customs vs. Terms and Conditions of Sale – $0 FREE Digital Delivery. Terms and Conditions of Sale is what we need. Trade customs do us little good in a legal dispute with a customer, as they are typically the last things a court looks to in settling a commercial dispute. And even then, they will them as a guide, not as gospel. Even verbal contracts (printer said he would give me the files) often supersede trade customs as a basis for a settlement. Far more important to us is to convert these to the terms and conditions of a specific sale (the contract). Here’s how. 6 pages. Click title to learn more/order.
- Vendor Non-Compete Non-Disclosure Sample Agreement $30. Digital delivery. Sample agreement between reseller (printer) and vendor (supplier) that protects reseller from vendor competing with or disclosing confidential information. This sample agreement is not intended to be legal advice. Click title to learn more/order.
- 4 Steps to Confront Employee’s Bad Behavior $20 Digital Delivery No one likes to confront employee’s bad behavior so we put it off until we can’t stand it anymore. Then we blow up. That results in a dysfunctional workplace and us looking like an “ole grouch.” There is a better way using the four-step SAFE model. SAY it as you see it. ASK what they will do about it. FIND a solution. EXPECT performance. Click title to learn more/order.
- Ergonomics Spreadsheet – $15 Digital Delivery. Enter an operator’s height into this Microsoft Excel (*.xlsx) spreadsheet and it will calculate various workstation ergonomic measurements you may use to keep the operator (typesetter, designer, computer operator) most comfortable and thus most productive. Requires Microsoft Excel to operate. Click on title to learn more/order.
- Handling Customer Postage in Financials $50. Digital Delivery. Here’s how to handle customer postage within your financial statements so you won’t overstate your sales or expenses. There’s two main ways: using a Balance Sheet Clearing Account or using an Income Statement Clearing Account. But if you add on a markup or service fee to the postage; well, that complicates things and this report explains how to handle. Plus more. Click title to learn more/order.
- Chart of Accounts $50. Digital Delivery. Tom Crouser’s Chart of Accounts Manual for Small Press and Digital Printing Companies not only includes suggested Chart of Account Titles and order, but also includes Specific Account Definitions and Explanations of what goes into the various accounts. Click title to learn more/order.
- Increase Your Meaningful and Personal Goals $0 FREE Digital Delivery. Workbook by R. R. Hutzell, Ph.D. and Mary D. Eggert, Ph.D. designed to be a self-help process. To be able to create meaningful and personal goals, we must first understand our values. This workbook guides us through a series of paper-and-pencil exercises designed to show how to understand values and increase our personally meaningful goals. Much of “Increase Your MPGs” is based on principles of Viennese philosopher Dr. Viktor Frankl. 48 pages. Click title to learn more/order.
- Copyright Form $0 FREE Digital Delivery. Download this sample word.docx and make it your own. Use it when customers want you to reproduce stuff you fear may be in violation of copyright laws. Won’t guarantee you won’t be liable; but it will help. Anyway, have at it. And no, it’s not copyrighted. It’d just be too funny if that were so. Click title to learn more/download free.
- Copyright Information: Circular 3 $0 FREE Digital Delivery. Get the straight scoop on Copyright from the man (US Copyright Office) by downloading this circular. Gives you all of the info. 6 pages. Click title to learn more/download free.
- 10 Ways to Increase Sales without Sales Calls $50 Digital Delivery. “Selling” is the last thing many of us want to do, so we don’t. Problem is, for most of us, sales are down from last year. So Tom Crouser put together this report on 10 Ways to Increase Sales without Cold Calls. No gimmicks as these ten ways work regardless of your type of shop: digital, offset or even letterpress. Fact is, all companies should be doing them. Like what? Price Faster, not more accurately. Follow up quickly and know what to say. How to remind customers of repeating jobs. Watch three numbers every day. Ask for the sale using a non-threatening method and more …only $5 an idea. Click title to learn more/order.
- Why Be a C? Legal Entity Recommendation Or why be an S Corp, or an LLC or a Partnership or even a Proprietorship or any other kind of legal entity? $0 – Free – Digital Download. What difference does it make? What’s everyone else doing? Here are my thoughts on each and my recommendation. Click on title to learn more/order.
- Time Management Portfolio $50 Digital Delivery. Tools and explanation describing the real problem which is “interruptions.” This portfolio includes my most excellent explanation along with the CPrint® Weekly Time Planner (customizable to your needs in an Excel.xlsx format) as well as a sample time planner illustrating the time plan for the small shop owner who is everything: production manager, sales manager and finance guy. Doesn’t get more complex than that. And, also included, is a recommended Time Log (TimeLog.xlsx) should you wish to use it. It’s one of the easiest ways for anyone to keep track of their time along with a sample illustrating how to use it. Everything to get your handle on your time. Click on Title to learn more/order.
- 10 Easy Features of Major Account Program $50 Digital Delivery Major Account Program is a set of benefits or services that a major customer receives that the normal customer doesn’t. Qualification as a Major Account is based on purchases or the amount of anticipated purchases similar to a hotel or airline loyalty program, but different. This report contains 10 Easy Features that most printers provide but fail to sell in their program. Click on Title to learn more/order.